Saturday, September 11, 2010

Stilts




After we visited Connor Prairie for the first time, Dayton decided he wanted stilts for his birthday. Connor Prairie has sets of stilts for anyone to try out and all of the kids had a blast trying to walk with them. So where does one find a set of stilts to give to their child? No where that I found. We could make some but...Well I told Grandma Dayton that Dayton wanted stilts and she, as always, made the magic happen. When we saw them at The Beach for Labor Day, Grandma had them in her car as a surprise for Dayton. Surprised, thrilled, ecstatic would be more like it. His goal is to be able to walk on them for Halloween. He practices every day before school while he waits for the bus and he's getting really good. I think he'll want to go a little bit fast while getting candy but we'll have to see what he decides.



3 comments:

valerie said...

oh, I thought it was a great idea too for Halloween until you mentioned the candy thing!
How cool is Grandma Dayton? And how cool Dayton can really do it?
I can see him in the circus now...

Kae said...

Marcus has stilts and I remember trying to walk on them. I just don't have stilt skills. Your Mom can over today and it was so much fun!

Michelle said...

My neighbors made some for a cub scout activity. But that design looks very familiar, I'm thinking Grandpa Toone???