Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Grandparents




My mom and grandparents came for a few days. It was so good to see them and spend time together. I only wish they could have stayed longer. We were able to see the site for the Indianapolis temple, finish a set of chimes for me, and I taught them all how to make homemade snickers bars. They helped with homework, listened to stories and shared their own, and we had some late nights and early mornings. It was great! I just kept forgetting to get my camera so the morning they were leaving we took a few pictures before Alexa got on the bus and everyone else was ready for the day.


After the kids left for school we were able to take one more picture. I have the neatest family. I'm so grateful to have such amazing grandparents who have lived fulfilling lives. They are constantly serving and they are never too busy for anyone. I'm grateful my kids know and adore them. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree because my mom is just as amazing. My only hope is that I can run around like they do after I've experienced so much of life.

1 comment:

valerie said...

You are SO blessed to have such a great family Jaime. My poor kids don't even have a grandpa!
And post your recipe for homemade snickers!!! Sounds delish!