
Mackenzie was asked to pick 3 people she would be willing to learn more about as part of a research assignment. Her first choice was Jane Goodall. I didn't know anything about Jane Goodall until Mackenzie shared her research with me. The assignment included 70 note cards of information, a typed up papers, 3 artifacts, a display board, realistic costume, and memorized speech. The students then shared their prepared speeches, boards, artifacts and costumes for their guests. For her artifacts, she made a pocket dictionary, a journal, and took her chimpanzee. Mackenzie was a little nervous giving her speech during practice and was told she needed to slow down. I can't imagine where should could have learned to talk fast:-) I was able to go to the dress rehearsal during the day. Mackenzie and her class were able to "practice" on other 5th grade classes. She did a great job sharing the information she had gathered about Jane Goodall and she slowed down.
No comments:
Post a Comment