Saturday, October 1, 2011

BYU Student....again

I've seen the commercials on the BYU channel talking about "finishing what you started at BYU." I finally decided to look into what the requirements were and see if I even qualified. I needed to have had at least 30 hours of on campus time, and I needed to submit my transcripts from other schools and an ecclesiastical endorsement from my bishop and stake president. I did all of those things (I had 30.5 credit hours from my freshman year) and then received a letter informing me of my provisional acceptance to the program. I had to complete and pass a student development course and and then wait for official acceptance. The student development course required me to get back into the swing of college. It's been a long time. I had to write a paper, an autobiography, submit speed back assignments over required reading and take a final. I was totally stressed out over the final. I'm happy to say I passed the class with an A and received my official acceptance letter from BYU. One of my biggest regrets is not completing my bachelors degree. I really wanted to get it from BYU and now that will happen. I'm so excited for the chance to continue my education under ideal circumstances. In my home, on my own time and without interfering with my other responsibilities. I have 8 years to finish. My goal is to be done in less than 4. So "rise and shout, this cougar is out, along the trail to fame and glory..."

1 comment:

Sara said...

How exciting Jaime! Good luck! And your piano is absolutely beautiful.