
Not quite 2 years into the young woman program and Alexa earned her Young Womanhood
Recognition Award. She completed 6 value experiences in the eight values; faith, divine nature, individual worth, knowledge, choice and accountability, good works, integrity and virtue. In addition she completed a 10 hour value project for each of those values including reading the Book of Mormon. Alexa is not a
jewelery fan, so I don't anticipate seeing her wear her necklace but I am so proud of her for her accomplishment. I love the personal progress program. I love what it taught me and I love the chance I had to work with Alexa as she completed her own program. Alexa completed the program just before Mackenzie turned 12 and now Mackenzie is determined to beat Alexa's record. The Young Women's program of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints helps young women between the ages of 12 and 18 learn how to set goals and complete them. It provides guidance for young women to grow in their knowledge of the gospel and helps them set patterns of behavior in their lives that will benefit them long term. Alexa's most memorable experiences were developing her talent with the trumpet and sewing a pair of
BYU shorts with her grandma Dayton. Congratulations Alexa! I'm proud of the young woman you are and the example you have set for me. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment