Alexa and Mackenzie had a daddy daughter activity this evening...Beauty and the Geek. When I first heard about this activity I was told that the girls could be geeks and the dads were going to be beauties...I was a little skeptical. I questioned the girls and they assured me that it would be fine so they proceeded to scrounge through my closet looking for the perfect outfit to beautify Nathan. The more I thought about this activity the more questions I had...so I had Nathan call the leader and get a little more information. She returned the phone call on our answering machine letting Nathan know that our girls were the only ones who wanted to come as geeks and most of the other dads would be dressed as Geeks, not beauties...So we talked with our girls about how silly daddy might feel going to a party dressed completely different from the rest of his peers and how might that make him feel. They agreed and made a compromise. Shockingly..Alexa had no desire to attend dressed as a beauty so she and Nathan went as Geeks and Mackenzie was a beauty with her friend Hannah. Hannah's dad was out of town so she went with Nathan and the girls. They had a great time...I love my geeks and my beauty...
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
That sounds like a fun activity. I do think Nathan would have made a funny beauty.
I would of loved to see Nathan dressed as a beauty. He did a great geek though. Alexa looked amazing as a geek. Mackenzie was a darling beauty.
Post a Comment