Thursday, July 2, 2009

Silver Lining

Unexpectedly, Nathan was laid off from work, again. Yes, I still got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and I did cry, once. But amazingly I feel a sense of peace and comfort and I know that we will be alright. I, being somewhat of a control freak, want to know exactly what alright means and I don't but I have learned that when I put my faith and trust in my Heavenly Father things work out. I know He loves me and my family.


So amidst this cloudy news we found a silver lining in our backyard.



Amazing...
It reminds me of the primary song.

Whenever I hear the song of a bird, or look at the blue, blue sky, whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by, whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by our lilac tree, I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me. He gave me my eyes that I might see the color of butterfly wings. He gave me my ears that I might hear the magical sound of things. He gave me my life, my mind, my heart: I thank him reverently for all his creations, of which I'm a part. Yes, I know Heavenly Father loves me.

8 comments:

valerie said...

I'm working hard here trying to find a job for you guys!!!
We are praying you will be at least closer than 8 hours.
Keep us up to date.
Love you guys,
Val
PS- tear jerker on Christine's blog, hugh? Those were the best days. Maybe you can be just a street over again.

Sara said...

We love you guys! Wouldn't it be nice if you knew "it will all work out on such-and-such date." Right?

We are praying for you.

And I love those little birdies!

Lyndee said...

I am so sorry. We love you guys and are hear if you need us.

Kae said...

What! That is tough, I am glad you have peace because in times like this it will be your bestfriend.

Anonymous said...

Jaime: We'll do our own bit of recruiting in Ohio! I am sure your mom is all over it! We love you guys and will pray that a great opportunity comes very soon. Nathan is such a capable guy. Thank you for your post Jaime--it truly made my day.

Bryan & Teresa said...

Hey Jaime and Nate, sorry to hear about Nate's job. Now, where to you want us praying for, cuz I know there are some of us that wouldn't mind having you back here in Utah, hee hee... Good luck with everything and we will definitely keep you in our prayers. Jaime, I never emailed you back and thanked you for all the blogging, slurping, etc.. info. SO, thanks a bunch

The Miranda's said...

I love that song! It will all work out! I know it.

Shelly said...

Oh Jamie sorry to hear the news..Eric was laid off over 3 months ago so I knoww hat you are going through! keep you chin up. It will work out!!