Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sarah Horning

As a teenager I babysat for the Horning family. Sarah, Andrew, Michael, and Emily. I must admit that babysitting was not my favorite thing to do but I loved these kids. I left for college, got married, started a family and eventually moved back to my home ward. I was able to teach Andrew in Sunday School, interact with Michael at mutual and be with Sarah in young women's. Sarah was the only option when it came to someone watching our kids. She was actually the only person we would let sit our kids except for my parents for a good 2 years. My kids LOVE Sarah. She was the best! Our kids would ask us to leave so Sarah could come over. Well Sarah got married yesterday. We took a quick trip to Canton to be at the wedding reception. The look on her face was priceless. She was not expecting us to show up but we wouldn't have missed it. Having people who are in my life and in the lives of my kids that are a good influence and example is something for which I will always be grateful. Sarah is one of those people. As she sets off on this new phase of life I wish her all the happiness and joy during good times and bad. One day, Alexa and Mackenzie would love to babysit for her.

1 comment:

Puttin' Down Roots said...

I love Sarah too!! She was Noah's very first babysitter. She was the only person I wanted to have watch him. She looked so beautiful (I saw some pics). So happy for her. I'm so glad you were able to go. She must have loved that!!