Saturday, May 29, 2010

The last Day of School Awards


The last day of school had a lot of award ceremonies and I unfortunately needed to be in 2 places at once so I didn't get to Mackenzie's and barely made it to Alexa's. We got a letter telling us that Alexa's Presidential Education Award was going to be a surprise for her so I had planned on attending that one but Mackenzie ended up getting a whole bunch of awards including the Presidential Education Award. Now the girls have something signed by President Obama.






Yeah for the last day of school! Alexa now moves on to the Junior High! 7th grade....seriously where does the time go. And Mackenzie leaves elementary school and is off to intermediate school for the 5th grade. Dayton stays put for the next few years. All three kids will be in different schools, on different buses, and different time schedules. I'm just happy summer is here and we can spend our time doing what we want to do, as opposed to what needs to be done for school. Although, Mackenzie has to do summer math because she is going into 2 year advanced math next year. She is not excited about math during the summer but the other kids are joining her by completing a few pages of math each day too. At least we can decide when we want to do math!

No comments: