Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The first day of school



I hate this day every year. It comes way too early. Whatever happened to starting school after Labor Day? Homeschooling looks better every year! Alexa and Mackenzie catch the bus at 7:15 so our day starts early. Dayton wanted to get up with the girls. We'll see how long that lasts. His bus doesn't come until 8:30. All three kids are in different schools this year. Luckily they are pretty close to our house.

Dayton starts 3rd grade this year. We went to the school to meet his teacher. Mackenzie had her 2 years ago and when we walked in Mrs. Coldren thought we were just there to say hello. I finally had to tell her that Dayton was in her class. She was shocked. He's too tall to be a 3rd grader. Seeing the other classmates of Dayton's walk in, I have to agree.

Alexa is in the 7th grade on the Hero team. From what we've heard she has a great group of teachers. We spent some time over at the Junior High getting her schedule and figuring out how she gets from one class to another. The 8th grade girls who helped us were pretty excited about her team and teachers so hopefully it's a good year. Some of her friends and their parents were shocked by how much Lex had grown over the summer. Mackenzie wants to know why she didn't get the growing gene.


Mackenzie starts 5th grade this year at the Intermediate School and is on team 5-1. We don't know her teachers but she does have one friend in her homeroom and team. I'm excited about the experiences she'll have at this school.

4 comments:

Jen said...

So cute they all picked plaid to wear on the first day! :) I'm looking forward to the structure of fall/school. We start on the 23rd. Summer does go by fast but I LOVE fall, cool winds, football and leaves! xoxoxox

Nikki said...

I must say that although I am sad to see summer go, I am looking forward to fall.

Lyndee said...

They look so grown up. I will be so sad for the girls to go to school. call me if you need anything or want to hang out.

Sara said...

All I could think through that whole post was how tall Dayton was!

Good luck to the kids! And good luck to the mom -- it's no fun to send them away each morning.