How do you say goodbye to a memeber of your family? How do you stop your heart from breaking? When do you stop crying everytime you think about one of your best friends? I've never liked saying goodbye. This was one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever said.
We got Harley in September of 2003. She was a year old and fully house trained. We fell in love with her immediately. She loved our kids, she was good to our friends, she was our doorbell, she was my constant companion. Everywhere I was, Harley was there. She knew when it was time to go upstairs, she knew when it was time for the kids to come home from school, she was always there to greet me when I came home from somewhere, she listened to me talk while I cooked. She was a great dog. Her ears just didn't get better. The vet was dismayed and Harley was in pain. Making the decision to put her down was the hardest thing I've ever done. I love her. She is my dog. I will forever treasure the walks we took, the fetch we played and the unconditional love she gave. You are one in a million, Harley. I love you always! I'll see you on the other side.

5 comments:
I am so sorry to hear that. It is really hard to say goodbye
Oh Wow. I am so sorry. It is amazing how they become a part of your family.
Oh Jaime! I am so sorry. I LOVED Harley, you know that. What a good dog she was.
I'm just so sorry.
Oh my gosh...I am stunned and SO sorry! She was a wonderful dog and a cherished member of your family. How awful for you all. Big hugs to you and the kids. It's an awful decision to have to make, I am so sorry.
I am so sorry Jaime. Hang in there.
Post a Comment