Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween









































Halloween this year was a bit different for us. First off we took a stab, literally, at cool pumpkin designs. They turned out really awesome. This is for sure on the list of must dos for Halloween next year. Second, we found some interesting costume ideas. They required little effort but were creative. Dayton was a snack bar covered in "snacks." Mackenzie was a pumpkin "pie." Nathan was smartie pants. Alexa was an autographed portrait but she ran away to quick so I missed my photo opportunity. Although clever the costumes required some explanation for some people which was a little frustrating at times. We took another stab at pumpkin seeds and decided we just don't like them no matter how hard we try. But we made off with a slew of candy.

As a side note for generations to come....Alexa didn't get to carve a pumpkin due to some choices she had made earlier in the day. This was not her favorite consequence but one that she "endured" by completing her homework. One thing I appreciate about Alexa is her ability to make the best out of a situation. Although she would have liked things to be different she handled this change in her plans well. I admire this about her.

1 comment:

Caren said...

Wow...I'm impressed!! Your pumpkins turned out great!