I was called as the Beehive advisor in October and one of the lessons I taught was on Gratitude. One of the suggestions was to encourage the young women to keep a gratitude journal. I, always getting more from teaching than I give, decided that was a great idea. I started on November 10, 2010. I was amazed at the things I was able to list. My goal was to list at least 5 things every day and I needed to be specific. I'm grateful for friends was not going to cut it, I needed to list which friend and why. What a blessing it has been for me to focus on gratitude. Shortly after starting my gratitude journal we learned that Nathan would be loosing his job at the end of the year. Then we had to put Harley down. I believe that gratitude journal was a tender mercy from the Lord. It has allowed me to spend time each day reflecting on the many things for which I am grateful.
Due to Nathan's job loss we will be having a very different Christmas. I had to tell our kids who Santa really is and although that was a hard conversation, as Mackenzie says, "it's okay." We still believe in the magic that Santa represents and are looking forward to the little things we have taken the time and effort to get for each other. And that is what Christmas is all about.
I'm grateful for this time of year that I've had to reflect upon the greatest gift ever given. My Savior, Jesus Christ. I'm grateful for his unconditional love and support as I navigate this earthly journey and for the comfort and support I feel on a daily basis. Gratitude....
Monday, December 20, 2010
Gratitude Journal
Posted by
Jaime
at
6:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Jaime,
First I want to say I love you guys! I am so sorry about your dog and Nathan's job loss.Jacob and I will be praying for you and your family.Heavenly Father loves you and will make a way for you guys.I came out to Utah with 2 suitcases, no where to live,and no job.Heavenly Father made a way for me after much fasting,prayer,work,and faith.You have such a great attitude and it will be okay Jaime.You are truly amazing and many blessings will come! Love you!
Amanda
Jaime, we are sorry to hear about Nathan's job and want you to know that we think of your family often and have you in our thoughts and prayers. I know the Lord loves and cares about you and your family and he will bless and comfort you! We love you!!
Ashley
Love you Jaime!
what great attitude you have. You have always been a wonderful example to me and continue to be. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I am so sorry about nathans job and your dog I am sorry that things have been so hard on you all resently you all are the greatest I wish the best for you If I had my choice I would bring you all here with us. but you have to go where you can get work and what feel right. we wish the best for you guy hope you have a wonderful xmas anyway love you guys laura
I'm so grateful for your post on gratitude. I'm been trying so hard to find a way to bring christ into christmas. but to know what you have and know that God is aware of it all is priceless. you are in my thoughts and I will continue to put you in my prayers. You are loved!!!! Jen
Post a Comment