As I was doing dishes I looked up and saw this. The cardinal is the state bird of Indiana and Ohio. I've seen cardinals a million times before but this was breath taking to me. Maybe because it has been a long winter. Maybe because the contrast was so...wow...between the red and the brown/white. Maybe because I was doing dishes and needed to see something else :-) I started walking 3.5 miles every morning after Dayton gets on the bus in August and I have reconnected with nature. I love being outside and smelling everything, seeing the ducks and geese, listening to the chirp of the birds and the honk of the geese, crunching in the snow, slipping on the ice, seeing the grass turn from brown to green, watching the trees and flowers blossom and just appreciating this beautiful earth Heavenly Father created for me. Maybe I've finally learned how to see nature and the view out my window meant something more to me that day.
Thursday, March 24, 2011
View from my kitchen window...
Posted by
Jaime
at
8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment