Sunday, August 7, 2011

Abigail of Stonington


My mom read the kids stories from these huge books she got from a friend. This particular story was about a dog and after she read the story, grandma told her grand kids about Abby. My kids were the only ones to see Abby and don't really remember her very well. Abby was our dog growing up. We got her when I was 12 years old and we had to sign a contract stating we'd be willing to give up our allowance to have and take care of a dog. She had one litter of puppies and we all named at least one of them before they were sold to other families. I can't remember what I named mine, to the great disappointment of my children. Grandma showed the kids the picture of Abby and her puppies and then showed them where she is buried in the yard out back. Abby lived I was 27. She was a great dog and we all loved her. She was mom's 6th kid and she knew it. Abby would go for rides in the car with my mom and when one of us would come too, we'd have to make her sit in the back, which she didn't like, or let her sit on our lap because that was where she rode. We loved Abby. It was so fun to see how enthralled the kids were to listed to a story told by grandma. Loved it!

No comments: