I teach piano lessons to a girl who came to my house the other day and after seeing the McCain/Palin sign in my yard said to me: "Sister Page, we are voting for Obama." I told her that was the great part about living in The United States of America. We are each able to vote for who we think will be the best choice for our country. She gave me a look of "yeah, but we are right and you are wrong so I don't know if I can come here anymore." It was a funny experience for me.
Nathan decided to vote before he left for work and was in line for just about 2 hours. I decided to go right the kids left for school and I was in line for about an hour. I was amazed at how patient and upbeat everyone was. There were people in line for over 2 hours and I personally didn't hear one word of complaint.
Well the results are in and although I did not vote for President Elect Obama I am grateful to live at a time when history has been made.
Our kids each participated in mock elections at school and each voted for McCain so when I told them the results of the election this morning there was mixed reaction. Alexa kept punching her bed. Dayton refused to get out of bed and Mackenzie was convinced McCain would win her election at school.
I am still interested in politics and I look forward to watching what changes will take place. If nothing else, from this election cylce I became a fan of Fox News.
3 comments:
He still has to produce his birth certificate. Check out www.obamacrimes.com Interesting.
Oh it cracks me up to see all these little kids shouting 'Obama, Obama". We were a divided family over this time around- me Mcain and Dave Obama. The kids of course joined dad's side, because isn't dad always right. It was funny.
Our family also voted for McCain.
It's been interesting learning to accept our new president in spite of the differences.
And time will tell what role he will play in the events of the last days.
Post a Comment