

I find it hard to believe that Mackenzie was baptized just a year ago. Time certainly has flown by. This year Mackenzie's birthday was the day before Thanksgiving so we had to drive to grandma and grandpa's house on her birthday which was not the most fun thing she could have thought to do but grandma Dayton and Grandma and Grandpa Toone had made her yummy meatloaf, twice baked potatoes and a turtle pumpkin pie. Grandma and Grandpa Dayton gave her a huge bean bag. She was thrilled.
We let Mackenzie open her present from us on Tuesday night so she could decide what she wanted to take with her to Ohio.



When Mackenzie was about 2 1/2 years old she did something very sneaky. She loves to hear this story so I thought we'd document it. I was cutting Nathan's hair in the bathroom and Mackenzie was very quiet. We hadn't seen nor heard from her in quite a while so I went to investigate. And this is what I found. I had made a cake the night before and then covered the part we hadn't eaten over with a large mixing bowl. Well, Mackenzie had pushed a chair over to the counter and taken off the bowl and proceeded to consume as much cake as her little hands could hold. She was not the least bit concerned that she was a total mess. She was quite proud of her feat.
Mackenzie is a total girl. It has been so fun for me to watch her develop into her own unique, charming person. She has a love of life. She is a magnet for friends. She has the best facial expressions of anyone I know. You never wonder what Mackenzie thinks because she is always willing to tell you, whether you want to know or not. She is not a morning person. She loves to give hugs. She loves to be helpful. She has a temper. She is beautiful and we are so lucky to have her as an irreplaceable part of our family. We love you Mackenzie...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

1 comment:
happy birthday mackenzie!
Post a Comment