
Amazingly our kids slept in this morning. Alexa came in to tell us that it was morning at 7:30am, WOW! Shortly thereafter everyone was in our room and we had an abundance of energy. Nathan is not a wake up and get up quick kind of guy so he was the slowest moving person. The kids have to wait on the stairs while we go down and turn on the lights and make sure that Santa came. Well I turned on the lights, let our Harley, unloaded the dishwasher and changed a load of laundry while passing the time waiting for Nathan to make it down stairs. Needless to say, the kids were chomping at the bit.
It was a great Christmas for everyone. Santa brought Guitar Hero and DDR Dance Party with 4 mats so almost everyone can play. The kids were perplexed by the gift because we don't have a Wii. But Santa had talked to Grandma Dayton and knew she and grandpa were giving us a Wii. Alexa got an MP3 player, Mackenzie, a digital camera, and Dayton a Hot Wheels race track.
We had talked about going to a movie on Christmas day but we spent the day home playing the Wii. I must say, I love those dance mats and I also enjoyed Guitar Hero.
Dayton was the funniest to watch. He got a new snow hat from his Uncle Matt and Aunt Ashley and he wore it all day. While playing Guitar Hero he would jump around like a "real" rock star while wearing his hat...okay maybe you have to be here. It sure made me laugh. We played some super fun games, Cranium family edition and a game called Snorta. We watched some Brian Regan DVDs and laughed a lot and talked to many loved ones who live far away.
It was a great Christmas for everyone. Santa brought Guitar Hero and DDR Dance Party with 4 mats so almost everyone can play. The kids were perplexed by the gift because we don't have a Wii. But Santa had talked to Grandma Dayton and knew she and grandpa were giving us a Wii. Alexa got an MP3 player, Mackenzie, a digital camera, and Dayton a Hot Wheels race track.
We had talked about going to a movie on Christmas day but we spent the day home playing the Wii. I must say, I love those dance mats and I also enjoyed Guitar Hero.
Dayton was the funniest to watch. He got a new snow hat from his Uncle Matt and Aunt Ashley and he wore it all day. While playing Guitar Hero he would jump around like a "real" rock star while wearing his hat...okay maybe you have to be here. It sure made me laugh. We played some super fun games, Cranium family edition and a game called Snorta. We watched some Brian Regan DVDs and laughed a lot and talked to many loved ones who live far away.


Nathan pulled off a big surprise for me. I mentioned wanting an acoustic guitar to teach myself how to play. Well after spending a lot of money on brakes for our car I kind of pushed that idea off to another year. Well Nate called his dad and asked if he'd be willing to loan me his amazing guitar for a while so I could teach myself and then decide what kind of a guitar I'd want to buy. Nate's brother, Matt, took the guitar to our friend's (the Hughes') parents who were coming from Utah to Indiana for Christmas and Nate got it from them. All without me knowing any of it. He was so proud. I was so excited and loved the surprise. I have grand ambitions to teach myself how to play. I can play Jingle Bells...slowly...already.
3 comments:
Merry Christmas! It looks like a party at the Page house!
I am way impressed with the guitar surprise. Good work Nathan. I can't wait to hear you play.
I totally want to learn how to play too! So I'm thinking you teach yourself and then you can teach me! :)
Wii rocks. And what a great husband to pull off a Christmas surprise for you.
Post a Comment