Today I was released as the young women's president in our ward. I have known this day was coming for the past 2 months and it has honestly been a LONG two months. I initially was concerned that I hadn't done all I was supposed to do in this calling. Had I learned all I was to learn? Did the girls know how much I loved them? Then as time went on I was frustrated. It was hard to put my all into something that I knew I was done with. And finally, I was excited...I know and love the new young women's president and she will be fantastic.
I love each and every one of those young women! They have strengthened me. They are amazing!
While serving in this calling, I was amazed at the love I felt immediately for each girl, some of whom I didn't even know. It was, I think, a gift from a loving Heavenly Father who allowed me to see how precious these daughters are to Him.
One of my favorite parts of being in a presidency is the friendships that are made while working so close together. I have been privileged to work with the most amazing women who have taught me so much. I could not have functioned without them.
My favorite musical of all time is Wicked. These lyrics perfectly describe how I feel about the past almost 2 years.
"I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason, bringing something we must learn. And we are lead to those who help us most to grow, if we let them. And we help them in return....I know I'm who I am today, because I knew you...I have been changed for good."
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Released
Posted by
Jaime
at
5:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You did an amazing job as YW president, and I could tell the girls loved you too! I'll miss chatting with you at stake activities. YW president can be quite the rollercoaster ride but such a thrill. What a blessing to be with the youth. We'll miss you!
My mom said you can have your calling back at any time..lol
I am positive that you did an awesome job as young women's president. Thats just the kind of person you are. Enjoy your down time now, it probably won't last for long!
I'm so grateful that I had the chance to serve with you. You were an amazing president.
We ALL love you.
Post a Comment