Last Wednesday night we were up late on the computer looking up the best tires for the Pilot. I decided to let Harley out again one more time...at about 12:15am. She ran out to do her business and then shot away like she was chasing after a rabbit. We have lots of rabbits in our neighborhood. I yelled for her to come back and she did. She walked right into the house and Nathan and I just about died. She had been sprayed by a skunk. She stunk! We hurried her back outside and I googled "how to get skunk smell out of a dog?" I located the ingredients to make the concoction that was given a five star rating. Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dish soap. Nathan ran her upstairs and into the tub and proceeded to rub the mixture all over her smelly body. Nathan's eyes were watering, our noses were burning and all the time I am kicking myself for letting her outside. The next task was to eliminate the stinky skunk smell from my house. Once again google came in handy. Baking a tray of ground cinnamon was the suggestion...so I was up until 2:30am baking cinnamon. Unfortunately when I got Alexa up for school a couple of hours later she let me know that Harley still smelled. So I did the concoction once again. This time it worked. No more yucky smell. But our house still has that lovely aroma of skunk. I opened all the windows, lit every candle in our house and started baking cinnamon again. I left to run some errands and closed up the windows and blew out the candles and turned off the oven. When I got back it still smelled like skunk...UGHHH!!!! So I reopened all the windows, re lit all the candles and baked cinnamon rolls. By the time the kids got home from school...it smelled like cinnamon rolls. PHEW! I could still smell the odor faintly for the next few days. When Mackenzie and Dayton found out what had happened they wanted to know if I got a picture of the skunk because they had never seen a skunk up close before. Yep, that is the least of my worries. So lesson learned here, don't let Harley outside past 10pm and be on the lookout for skunks. This is one adventure I'd rather not repeat anytime soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That would be the worst! I am so sorry.
Hillarious...thanks for the chuckle. Sorry it had to be at your expense! What an ordeal!!
Poor Harley.
Jamie: Think of your experience as a great excuse to make cinnamon rolls! I heard you mom made cinnamon rolls the other morning at the Church for Seminary and it was wonderful for all to enjoy! It's actually my worst dog fear--Canela meeting a skunk!
lol!You go girl! Sorry it took so long.
Oh Jaime, I'm so sorry! I'm glad that hasn't happened to us (knock on wood)...what a pain, huh? How did we ever survive without the ability to Google everything?
I'm with your kids, you needed a picture of the skunk, or at least Harly's early morning bath :)
We had a skunk in our garage once but luckily it didn't spray anyone. Something to laugh at...right?
Post a Comment