Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Alexa Milestones








Alexa is having some pretty big milestones and I am feeling really old. She is close to turning 12! Yikes! At the age of 8, girls in our church are introduced to the "Faith in God" program. It is a program that encourages girls and boys between the ages of 8 and 12 to set goals and work towards increasing their faith, developing talents, serving others, and becoming a better person. Alexa has completed the program. She had her interview with the bishop, the ecclesiastical leader of our church, on Sunday to discuss her upcoming graduation from primary and move into the young women program (for girls 12-18). Where does the time go? It honestly seems like just yesterday she was learning how to ride a bike.

Tonight...Alexa was "Beehive attacked." The young women from our ward came to our home and put bees all over our front door and then rang the doorbell surprising Alexa with a welcome to the Beehive class. She was surprised and I think she's ready to move on.

3 comments:

Puttin' Down Roots said...

WOW! A 12 year old in your house. Isn't it funny how everyone says that time goes by soooo fast....SOOOO TRUE!!!

Lyndee said...

I love the Beehive attack. SHe is SO ready to go to Young Women's. I am so excited for her she will love it.

valerie said...

You have had so many fun posts lately. I can't believe Alexa is going to be in YW. You have great kids Jaime!

It was with a bit of sadness :)that we were not part of the good friend post....happy though that you have made such great friends there. I will always count you among those friends that become family to me. Thanks for all you have done for me. Love you guys!
Miss you. We need to have a catch-up call soon.