Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Persuasive Essay

Alexa has been sitting on the couch attempting, rather unsuccessfully, to write a persuasive essay on why I should get her a cell phone for her 12th birthday. She has asked me for ideas on what she should include and I for the life of me can't seem to come up with anything....other than the occasional, "Alexa, please hurry and finish your homework." She is now trying to bribe me by offering to clean the whole house for an entire year. "Please, won't you get me a cell phone..." Oh, the joys of being a parent. I don't see any reason why my almost 12 year old would need a cell phone of her own other than most of her friends have one. But then again, I'm not one for peer pressure. As a side note...Alexa does have access to a cell phone that she shares with Mackenzie and Dayton.

2 comments:

The Miranda's said...

first, I hate that I don't get your updates when you update your blog! and I'm with you..tell Alexa I'm sorry for siding with her mom....no joke, I am not looking forward to this conversation with Courtney because he will hear a NO..lol but I'm sure he'll do some good persuasive speeches too!

Kae said...

I agree with you. 12 is too young to have your own cell phone. I am not looking forward to that conversation with my kids.