Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alexa turns "12"


Alexa was unusually grumpy this morning when I woke her up. But, thankfully, she perked right up! She thoroughly enjoyed her donuts for breakfast and was out the door for a day of school. She'd requested a double chocolate chip frappacino from Starbucks and a carmel apple spice drink so those were waiting for her upon her return from school.





She requested a graham cracker, peanut butter with chocolate frosting "cake." I've never made one before, probably because it's never been done but it was pretty good. Really rich tasting so you needed lots of ice cream or a glass of milk to go with it but yummy. In case you ever want to make one you take the graham cracker, cover it in peanut butter then layer another graham and then cover that one with chocolate frosting and continue to alternate layers until you get your desired height. Cover in frosting and top with peanut butter. Yum! I used cinnamon graham crackers. I only wished the graham crackers had been a little softer.





Alexa wanted Duct Tape for her birthday, in addition to her snowboard.
Yes, I thought it was a little crazy but as she said,
"You can make anything with duct tape." Yes you can. And, yes, she will.
I found all sorts of colors, who knew.



She also wanted a Lamborghini or a Maserati because what 12 year old doesn't want a ridiculously expensive car? Dayton and Mackenzie came through with the Lamborghini and a Lotus. Lucky girl!


We ate BLT's, curly fries and grapes.
She really wanted mangoes but the ones I bought at the store weren't ripe enough to be eaten.
Overall, a pretty good day.
Happy Birthday Alexa!
You are one of my favorite people.
You bring a zest for life into everything you do.
I know great things are in store for you...
I just hope time will slow down a little bit so I can enjoy this time with you for a little longer.

3 comments:

The Miranda's said...

Happy birthday Alexa! duct tape!!! that is awesome and a graham cracker cake?!? seriously, even more awesome! and I love the creativity of the hat! her friends are gonna love it!

Kae said...

Fun cake, I LOVE!!!!!!!!!! the chocolate chip frappocinos. They are the reason why I don't fit into my clothes (ok they are only one reason) Happy birthday Alexa

Susan said...

Alexa is really becoming a beautiful young lady. Does it shock you to have an "almost teenager"?? Life goes fast. Kiss them often!