Jimmer and Ganache joined our family in June. Alexa and Mackenzie have been begging to get some kind of critter for the past year and I finally relented. They researched and researched. They talked to the pet store people, a lot. They both decided to get Chinese dwarf hamsters. Mimi was Mackenzie for about 3 days and it wasn't working out. Mimi wouldn't let Mackenzie hold her, she was a bit spastic, and she would bite. We took her back and Mackenzie got Ganache who is a winter white hamster. The girls figured out how much money they would need to take care of their new charges for an entire year and they figured out what they needed to buy to make them happy. Aside from the noisy wheels at night it hasn't been so bad. The girls have done a great job feeding, cleaning, and playing with Jimmer and Ganache. I took the family to the humane society to look at dogs and although there are some really cute dogs none of them are Harley. I'm just not ready to get another dog and I may never be so the hamsters are a way for my kids to get to care for a pet and have the chance to love and care for something that they get to take care of. I hope it will be a good experience.
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Hamsters
Jimmer and Ganache joined our family in June. Alexa and Mackenzie have been begging to get some kind of critter for the past year and I finally relented. They researched and researched. They talked to the pet store people, a lot. They both decided to get Chinese dwarf hamsters. Mimi was Mackenzie for about 3 days and it wasn't working out. Mimi wouldn't let Mackenzie hold her, she was a bit spastic, and she would bite. We took her back and Mackenzie got Ganache who is a winter white hamster. The girls figured out how much money they would need to take care of their new charges for an entire year and they figured out what they needed to buy to make them happy. Aside from the noisy wheels at night it hasn't been so bad. The girls have done a great job feeding, cleaning, and playing with Jimmer and Ganache. I took the family to the humane society to look at dogs and although there are some really cute dogs none of them are Harley. I'm just not ready to get another dog and I may never be so the hamsters are a way for my kids to get to care for a pet and have the chance to love and care for something that they get to take care of. I hope it will be a good experience.
Posted by
Jaime
at
9:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment