Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Jaime's 35th Birthday







One year older and supposedly wiser too. This year I taught piano in the morning and then spent the afternoon making my birthday cake. I found a website that has all of these different cake flavors, filling flavors and frosting flavors so I decided to try it out. (www.easy-cake-ideas.com) It was a bit overwhelming. I had a hard time choosing what flavors I wanted and what combination would be the most tasty. I settled on a white cake with coconut lime filling and key lime pie icing. It was so good! This is the kind of cake you need to make for a big crowd because it is so rich. It was not a favorite with my kids. But using some of the manners I taught them they said, quite diplomatically, "we are so glad you like your cake, mom." And they offered to just eat the cake part not the filling or icing. Nathan gave me a gift card to Olive Garden, the kids got me a foot bath(and couldn't wait to try it out themselves) and mom and dad got me a heart rate monitor. We ate dinner at On the Border and it was delicious. I received tons of birthday wishes on facebook, by phone, email and mail. It was a great day!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

The cake looks delicious! Tell your kids their taste buds aren't mature enough to handle such delicacies. Happy Birthday!