Some nights bedtime is memorable for me. Tonight was one of those rare, but priceless nights. Dayton is not particularly liking 1st grade and I can't blame him. It's hard to go from a half day of school that includes lots of playing and a perfect kindergarten teacher to a full day of school with only 2 really short recesses and a more stern teacher. As I came into his room tonight he had scooted all the way to the wall on his bed and said, "Mom, I scooted for you." This was accompanied by a huge, unable to resist, Dayton smile. I, of course, laid down by him and had my own sad moment. I thought of how much I have missed having him around during the day, as well as the girls. But Dayton has been my little buddy the past few years as we have had lots of one on one time and I really do miss that. I'm so glad that Dayton scooted for me tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Jaime, how sweet! I have little tears as I imagine how you handle a situation like this. It is so hard watching your kids go through the hard things! Kian will start the fun preschool and on to K but I wonder how he will do when the days are long and we are apart. Big hugs to both of you!
Gracie is exhausted at the end of the day too. We miss you Dayton!
Oh my goodness! That is the cutest story ever. What is the best is that while you are missing him, he is missing you. He loves you so much.
That is very sweet. Noah had a hard time adjusting to 1st grade too. I am hoping the start of 2nd grade will be better.
Thanks for sharing that story. I needed a pick me up today.
So sweet. Both mom and son.
Hey girl! I'm so glad I found you... with a litle help from Nikki. Your family is so cute! Good for you all~ 3 in school at he same time.
lots of love
Shelly Cochran Reeves
PRICELESS!
Post a Comment