Sunday, April 5, 2009

Baby Ducks

On Thursday afternoon, Traci called to tell me about baby ducks at the Tractor Supply Store. As she was talking I was convinced she had bought the adorable ducks and wanted me to concur with her smart purchase. I was about to tell her that she was crazy and had she even thought about where would she put these cute little ducks when I realized that she was just excited to take her kids to see them and knew my kids would fall in love as well. Well this morning before Conference we took the kids for a surprise and they LOVED it. First, we found the bunnies and then we walked just a little bit further and saw the cutest little ducks ever. As we held many little ducks the conversations went something like this: "Mom, please can we get a duck." "They only cost $4.29, I have that much money." "Alexa, when we grow up, let's buy farms right next to each other and we can have tons of ducks and a pond, too." As we left, I reminded the girls that as cute as these little ducks are, we would never be able to offer them the life they deserve. So we are content to plan for farms in the future...note to future husbands...and visit the store often in the next couple of weeks.

5 comments:

Puttin' Down Roots said...

They are cute...best to just visit!! =) Such a smart mom!

Michelle said...

Is Dayton taller than McKenzie? It looks like he has a few inches on her. What a fun outing. I miss living close to farms.:(

The Miranda's said...

what fun! baby ducks are so cute!

valerie said...

I can't believe how big your kids are...my neighbor had her good friend from Fishers come to visit for their spring break.....where's my good friend from Fishers?????

Just teasing. Love you lots!
V

Jen said...

so cute! we raised chickens one year. the kids loved them and they were no trouble at all-until the racoons got to them. Yuck! spring is here!!! Happy Easter :)