
We have a tradition at our house. On conference weekend, we eat our food from our 72 hour kits. We dump everything out on the table and it is free game for the next 2 days. The kids love this and look forward to it every year. Our other tradition is that everybody needs to be in the room while conference is on and you need to be quiet. This may seem a bit harsh or unrealistic for small kids but we have done this since our kids were really little and now it is easy. They were fantastic today. They listened while they played with Lego's, knitted, played Tetris, and ate whatever they wanted. I love the sense of peace and calm I get as I listen to the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I look forward to this weekend 2 times a year and feel renewed each time.
2 comments:
Thanks for this post. It gives me hope that if I try in a positive way to have my little ones participate in all sessions of conference.......One day it will pay off!
I love it! I saw the goodies and had to chuckle..I like the 72 hr kit idea. Our family has always stocked up on goodies for conf weekend...it's like New Year's Eve almost. lol My kids both look forward to conference now - it's awesome! This year Kendra was getting nervous that we might be late getting back home for the Sat afternoon session - I had to remind her that we have a DVR and we wouldn't miss thing!
Post a Comment