Friday, April 3, 2009

Pacers Game


We have a friend who works for the Pacers and gave us tickets to the game against the San Antonio Spurs. As we were getting ready to head out the door Dayton asks me what he can take to entertain himself. I ask why he would need something to entertain him when he can watch the basketball players. He responds..."Mom, it is just a little boring." So we took some pads of paper and pens. Well Dayton was completely entertained the entire time. Mostly with the in between activities. There was a luggage race, a tricylce race and several dances by the Pace Mates (Mackenzie called them the Paceritas). Half-time brought a juggler who rode a HUGE unicycle around and sparked the questions: "What happens if he falls off that thing?" "How many times do you think he fell before he could do that really good?" "Do you think he would die if he fell?" Dayton was quite sad when he wasn't given any blow-up tubes to clap while the opposing team shot from the foul line. Alexa became a super huge Pacers fan as the Pacers took a small lead in the 4th quarter. She was cheering, quite loudly, and jumped out of her seat. I love the passion she shows towards the moment. Mackenzie spent most of her time drawing/writing on her pad of paper. She wrote a note to Nate and I that read the following:
"Dear Mom and Dad,
We are at the Pacers game and there is a ton of noise when somebody scores. Every now and then they have a break and they have races and stuff. I wanted to thank you for letting us come even though it's way past our bedtime. There are lots of people but it's still loads of fun.
Lots of love (lol),
Mackenzie Page
P.S. I put l.o.l. because I had decided to put Lots of Love (L.O.L)

Handwriting Grade:
Dad: A+
Mom: A++"
It was a fun night.

No comments: