Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter



I decided that I wanted to try and make the girls skirts for Easter Sunday. I asked them what colors they would like and then I went to the store and bought fabric. My good friends Sara and Lyndee helped me figure out what I needed and then taught me how to cut out, sew and create these cute skirts. The girls liked them and I was really excited that I was able to do it.

Once I decided to make the skirts I then wanted to do something for Dayton so I made him a tie...with lots of help from Sara. The kids all wore their outfits to church on Sunday and they looked so cute. I know they weren't super excited to be matching but they wore their outfits and didn't complain until we got home and wanted to take some pictures...


When I asked the girls what colors they wanted, I got a "no pink" response and then a request for lime green and teal blue. I couldn't decide between the two fabrics so I made two. They wore the blue ones to church on Easter. It was a beautiful day but a little chilly.

6 comments:

The Miranda's said...

good job on those skirts!

valerie said...

LOOK AT YOU...do you really have to be so perfect? You are making the rest of us look bad! You cook, your house is spotless, AND you sew your kids clothes. Seriously...you are one amazing woman! Wish you were closer to rub off on me again. I need a jaime in my life!!!!

Puttin' Down Roots said...

I am sooooo impressed with you!! They look great and maybe they didn't like matching, but they will always remember it. My Mom used to make us matching clothes & we still talk about it & our matching hairdo's. Crazy the things you remember. Great job Mom! You are my inspiration!

Kae said...

I'm impressed, I think one day I will buy a sewing machine so I can do things like that. The skirts turned out very cute!

Sara said...

You just did such a fantastic job. Hooray for darling clothes on darling children!

Susan said...

Jaime:
Your mom said you don't sew! You are discovering your HIDDEN talents!! What I want to know is when do you have time to do all you do?? Happy Spring!