Yesterday at Cumberland Road Elementary School, Alexa and the other 4th graders performed a pioneer musical/dance program. Nathan, Dayton and I were able to attend and it was very well done. Several students played piano pieces, a few guitar demonstrations and some solos. All of the kids played their recorders and did a very good job. Then they all danced the Virginia Reel and the Broom Dance. Alexa was in a group with 11 boys, shocking, I know. Apparently one of her many "boy" friends didn't want to dance with the boy he had been assigned to, so he requested to dance with Alexa. The switch was made and Nathan and I had a good laugh watching our daughter in the midst of all these boys. Nothing could have been more natural. A surprise in the program was when some of the students got to choose a participant from the audience to dance the Virginian Reel. I was the lucky participant. Alexa had come home earlier in the week and given me a few lessons so I would be prepared. According to her I did a pretty good job other than being a little "slow" in some places. I fault that to old age. 







1 comment:
Old age, you're funny! Wait til you get to be MY age!!
Post a Comment