Unfortunately, I don't have a picture for this post. However, the story, to me, is worth writing down. I visit Dayton's kindergarten class just about every Monday to help out his teacher with whatever she needs done. Yesterday, I was there as Mrs. Walter was having each child come over to her desk and read a book to her. Dayton had his turn while I was there and she told him he was going to be able to take the book he had read home to share with his family. Dayton was initially excited and came over to show me the book. Then as we were getting ready to go home, he got very upset, tears were involved, and was mad that he had to take a book home. Mrs. Walter was shocked to see this "side" of Dayton. I explained to her that Dayton was mad because he was the only kid who had to take a book home today and it was my fault because I was in the classroom. Dayton continued his "fit" on the ride home. It wasn't fair that he had to bring home a book and the other kids didn't have to. He had to read a longer book than the other kids and that wasn't fair either. "Dayton," I explained, "you should be so proud of yourself that you are a good reader and that the books you read have more words in them." "I hate reading!" Dayton informed me. At this point I am slightly annoyed by this crazy behavior over getting to read a fun story to your family. So, his punishment, he has to read the book to me, Daddy, Alexa, and Mackenzie. Shockingly, Dayton was not happy with the outcome of his tantrum. By 7:30pm he did read the story, quite well, and we all enjoyed listening to him read to us for a change. Wow, I thought boys were to be less dramatic. Hopefully, we will not have to repeat this senario anytime soon.
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rick and i hear all the time boys are easier and we always laugh. Not in our house! Give me 4 girls PMSing over testosterone ANY day! We had one of those mornings today already.
Post a Comment