
On the eve of Valentine's Day I set the table
for breakfast and try to make it really nice.
The kids asked why we only use the nice stuff
on Valentine's, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I do it because I remember my mom making a
big deal out of Valentine's day. We always had a
red table cloth for dinner and there was a special
surprise under our dinner plates that I looked
forward to getting. The past 2 years I have had so
much fun deciding what to get the kids for a special gift.
Two years ago it was lightsabers.. last year it was Harry
Potter wands. This year it was just a box of chocolates.
Kind of lame... but we did have strawberry milk for breakfast
and heart shaped sugar cookies with pink frosting.
I don't think the kids were too disappointed
with the hearts...but then again who doesn't
like chocolate?
While I was at the grocery store on
Wednesday morning I found a great
deal on flowers. So for $1.49 I bought
this bouquet of flowers. The kids were
wondering who brought us flowers
because they are kind of a rarity around our
house. Especially fresh flowers. Nathan used to
bring me flowers all the time for no reason
at all and because I have inherited some
crazy practical gene... I would complain
that he was wasting money on something
that would die in just a few days. Needless to say
Nathan no longer brings me flowers. Lesson to be
learned, just be grateful he's thoughtful and forget
about the money.
Sunday, February 17, 2008
Valentine's Day
Posted by
Jaime
at
8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope to be just like you, a supermom when i grow up. :) How fun!
You are the cutest mom ever! I love that you kept the tradition that your mom started going. Your kids look so cute in thier red shirts and heart candies.
Post a Comment