Tonight we had chicken pot pie for dinner. It is a freezer meal that we have eaten before. Dayton, Alexa, and Mackenzie, amazingly, have opinions regarding what we eat for dinner and they are quite vocal with those opinions. Needless to say, tonight no one was excited about dinner. Dayton adn Mackenzie were taking forever to eat and I was threatening "no dessert." After Dayton's 3rd or 4th bite he looks at me and says, "Mommy, when was the first time you thinked of this recipe in your brain?" I supressed a laugh and told him that this was a recipe from Sister Norton, sorry Traci not Dayton's favorite. Mackenzie requested that we "Never have to eat this dinner again." Alexa liked everything but the crust. Oh how grateful I am that my kids do have opinions and are capable of expressing those opinions...however, sometimes I just wish every night could have dinner comments like this: "Mom, this is the best dinner ever. Thanks for making us such yummy food!" Maybe if I was better at thinking up recipes in my brain I would get those comments on a more frequent basis.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nicholas will eat anything,,,, even has had alligator and duck blood soup. Unless it's a chicken nugget, mac n cheese, a hot dog or spaghetti, i get complaints from miss macy. I call her Miss Picky Pants at dinner.
Post a Comment