Friday, October 17, 2008

Sarah Palin


This is the first year I have had any real interest in a Presidential Election, much to the dismay of many of my friends and family. I'm not sure if it is because I have had time to read about and watch information about the candidates. Anyway, I really like Sarah Palin. So when we found out she was coming to Indiana and just a few minutes from our home...we couldn't pass up the opportunity. It was even better to have great friends with us...I rarely pass up a party.
The downsides were the extremely long lines we had to wait in to get there and then home. I could have walked faster. But there were several highlights. *Mackenzie said as we were in the car driving home, "well, that was a really good experience." *The kids have become obsessed with political signs in the yards of homes that we pass by. This has given me the chance to let them know that one of the great things about living in the United States of America is the chance each citizen has to vote for who they want. *This rally was a chance for our family to have an experience (as Mackenzie put it) that we can remember. Unfortunately, Nathan ended up being unable to attend due to work but he did have a yummy dinner ready for us when we got home.




1 comment:

Rebecca Banner said...

She is coming to canton tomorrow and i'm going. I have the same ticket! I'm so excited. We have that hockey mom connection so ya know. Wearing my jersey tomorrow!