I have been serving as the young women's president in our ward for the past 20 months and during that time I have been trying to complete the requirements for the leaders to receive my personal progress award. Well as of today...I've done it. I completed the program as a young woman and received my necklace before I turned 16. It was different going through this time as I obviously have a different perspective on the goals and projects. But it felt good setting goals and achieving them and having the young women and my own children see and know that this program and the things it teaches are not just for when you are in the young women's program as a youth but are applicable to your spiritual growth and development throughout your life.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Way to go!! Now you get to start all over again! I love that program so much that I have completed it 4 times now!!(Once when I was a young woman and 3 times as a leader!) I'm so glad that we have that program for the youth (and their leaders!) Congratulations!!
Congratulations! That is awesome! I am sure you are a great young woman's president
WOW! That's wonderful. You are a great example to everyone around you. Your my inspiration in so many areas of my life. Love you!
Hooray! Good work Sister Page. :)
Congratulations! What a great example for the YW and your two girls. (I remember when your mom was my YW president! :)
Post a Comment