Friday, February 27, 2009

Blog Book

Today I got this is the mail....


This is the reason I started blogging and quit scrap booking. I wanted to be able to document the happenings in the life of my family in a way that was easier for me. When I found out that I could keep a blog and then have it printed up into a book, I was sold. Well in January when I went to slurp my blog I found out some not so good news. Blurb wasn't slurping from Blogger anymore. What?!? I was so sad. I just couldn't get motivated to do all of the work that it would take to bypass the ease of slurping nor did I have the desire to keep blogging if I wasn't going to be able to have a book. Then my friend, Sara, called with the best news ever. Blurb was now slurping from Blogger. I can't tell you how happy this news made me. I was elated. One week later, my book was here. It came today and when Alexa got home from school she sat down and started reading it. She has already read every entry but wanted to read them again. This is the best part of blogging, scrap booking, and journaling. Seeing your kids pick up the book and read it. Yeah for Blurb!

9 comments:

Our Family said...

I am working on our blog book from last year too. I am glad that you like yours - that gives me some more motivation to finish ours a little faster so we can place our order. I too justify blogging for journaling or scrapbooking and I am happy that a blog book can be made for us to look at.

Rebecca Banner said...

Where do you order that?

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Blurb! Your book looks great. I can't wait to look through it.

Anonymous said...

But not really Joe -- somehow I'm signed in with his account. But I'm sure Joe feels the same way. :)
Sara

Puttin' Down Roots said...

That's great...how much does that cost? Val's been bugging me to start a blog...I think about it, but that's about it!

valerie said...

I WILL get Christine Blogging! I am going there in 2 weeks and starting her a blog! would you email me that info! How exciting!
You are the best. Congrats on your YW completion. You are an amazing lady...way to go with the sewing machine, impressive!
Love you lots!

The Miranda's said...

I'm so excited about doing this!! What a great idea!

Lyndee said...

Yay! I love this books. I can't wait to see it.

Bryan & Teresa said...

Okay, so tell me more about this blurb and slurping?!? I love the look of your book. Tell me what I need to do. When you change your blog background from time to time what is it printed in? I would love to do something like this. I too felt that same way about scrapbooking so this would be awesome. Email me btbart@msn.com when you get a minute would you mind emailing me and telling me more about it. Thanks a bunch