Another year has flown by. It honestly seems like just a few weeks ago and I was posting about her turning 10. It doesn't seem like I have been a mom for 11 years. Alexa has brought so much laughter and joy into our lives. She is an obedient, mild mannered, crazy, lovable, and tender kid. She keeps getting taller and I'm waiting for the day she passes me up. We celebrated her birthday on Sunday because we are going to Stomp tonight. What a present, huh? It just worked out that our tickets were for tonight. She is pretty excited as are the rest of us.
She wanted a bean bag and got one from Grandma and Grandpa Dayton. Mackenzie and Dayton made her a super cool pop up card and gave her
"100 Grand." She got some new shoes, a lion Webkinz, and Mario Kart for the Wii. She wasn't as excited as we thought she'd be for the Mario Kart. We found out later she knew she was getting some kind of Wii game and this was one she had asked for so she was excited just not surprised. We went out to eat at Noodles and Co. on Saturday and ate some super yummy noodles. Everybody ordered something different and we all shared.



Alexa wanted a "Cat in the Hat" birthday cake but this is what she ended up with. Not so much a hat as a tower like cake, but really yummy. It had layers of candy bar and strawberry jam in between the cake layers. It may not be much to look at but it was good to eat.
Alexa has always come home from wherever she has been and wanted to tell me all about it. I love this about her. I always know what is happening in school, what her friends are doing, have said, or have done. I know what is bothering her, I know what makes her excited. When she was in Kindergarten, the bus would drop her off and we would sit outside on our front porch steps and she would tell me all about her day. We would go through every paper and picture and talk about it. I know at times I get distracted and don't focus on what she wants to tell me, but I wouldn't trade this characteristic of hers for anything.
Lex, I love you and am so proud of the young women you are becoming. You amaze me on a regular basis with your knowledge of so many things. I am honored to be your mom and love the relationship we share. Thank you for being such a good big sister and a great example to all of us.
Happy Birthday!
3 comments:
Happy Birthday! We LOVE your Grandma and had soo much fun with her and Mer. Jaime, where do you get your inspirations for your CAKES?
Happy Birthday Alexa!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALEXA! You are such a darling girl.
Post a Comment