Saturday, August 8, 2009

Carlyle, Illinois

As an update in the world of unemployment. Nathan has had a few interviews with recruiters just to get some information but leads from them have been nadda. He has had contact with a company he worked with when we lived in Utah and they are supposed to be getting back with him next week sometime. We were able to travel to Carlyle, Illinois this past week to interview with a company there. Most recently, he had two interviews with a company here in Indy and is expecting a follow up interview sometime next week. It has been much different this time because of how slow things are happening. But we have been so blessed. I know that the Lord has blessed us through the kind acts of others and words could never express our gratitude. Being unemployed has sure changed my perspective on so many things. Mostly, I am so grateful for what I do have and what I will always have, my family. I love my family.


~ Carlyle, Illinois is a very small town (5,000 people) approximately 50 miles straight east of St. Louis, Missouri. Nate had a phone interview with a company there and they wanted to meet him in person so we all drove down to Carlyle. It is very different from Fishers. We weren't in any traffic. We saw a lot of farms. They do have Walmart. It was peaceful being there. Carlyle is home to the largest lake in the state of Illinois. It is quite large and is used for fishing, sailing, waterskiiing and pontooning, among other things. It also has a nice beach with sand that our kids LOVED!!! We spent the morning at the beach playing in the sand. It was a really foggy morning so it was hard to see out into the lake but we were the only ones there. Our own private beach! Who knows, maybe we will move to Illinois and get to enjoy this beach more often.

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

I heard your trip went well! Or at least that was the message told to me. : ) The beach looked fun and I'm excited to see what you guys choose!