Saturday, August 15, 2009

Dayton almost "8"

I'm not sure what I expected to feel when my youngest child turned 8. I feel old but more mature (I think by that I mean more experienced). I feel excited but also anxious. Have I taught him all he needs to know now that he has reached the age of accountability? Does he know how much I love him? He is such a cute kid (I may be slightly biased, as his mom). He is huge...it's not as easy as it once was to snuggle him on my lap. He doesn't fit anymore. Dayton was a challenge while in the womb. I started contracting at 22 weeks and was put on bed rest. My girls went to Ohio to live with my parents for 2 months because I couldn't take care of a 3 and 19 month old. He was born 6 weeks early weighing 7lbs. 10oz. Shocker! He was in the NICU for a week and came home happy, healthy and loved. He has been a joy ever since. Dayton is my shy, quiet, sometimes crazy, friendly, loving, tall son. Our family would not be complete without him and we are so excited to celebrate this milestone birthday with him.


We celebrated with cake and ice cream last night and the Norton's joined us. Dayton requested a skateboard cake and it turned out all right.
Not like the picture but good enough.

His real birthday is on Monday the 17 of August.
I think we will celebrate all weekend.
I love you Dayton. You make me smile everyday.

2 comments:

valerie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAYTON!!!
We are so excited for you.
Jackson has been asking if he can wear his goggles?
We are thinking of you.
You are a special boy.
You've got an unbelievable family.
Love you all.

Sara said...

Look at that cake! You really are amazing, Jaime. We can't wait for Saturday! We are way excited to come to his baptism.