Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Duet

My parents were in town for Dayton's baptism and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for my dad and I to play a piano duet in sacrament meeting. He misunderstood and thought we were playing for the baptism. We practiced and practiced and laughed and sweated and bonded before playing the piece in sacrament meeting. It went well, even though both of us were really nervous and a little shaky. It was a lot of fun to be able to share an experience like that with my dad. I've always looked up to his talent and wanted to improve so I could play as well as he does. I think I still have some improvements to make, although my triplets are almost perfect.
Thanks Dad for playing with me.

5 comments:

valerie said...

LOVE all your posts.
Love your family so much!
Congratulations on all your good news lately.
Hugs!
Valerie

The Miranda's said...

I thought the music was beautiful! I really really enjoyed it! Thanks for sharing your talents!

Puttin' Down Roots said...

I wish I could have been there to hear it. I've heard you play, you play beautifully. I've also heard your Dad play and he is superb also.

Susan said...

Jamie: I'll have to leave a little bug in Scott's ear for the next time you are in town! We can list it in the Sacrament Meeting bulletin as "Duet Dayton"--Love it!

Sara said...

Thanks for giving me a "sneak peak" at the baptism. You guys sounded great!