Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Good News

Nathan has accepted an offer of employment from an engineering firm based in Michigan but with an office here in Indy. We get to stay in our house, schools and ward. We are still 4 1/2 hours away from family, not farther. I get to keep teaching my darling piano students, who I love. We get to stay by our friends (some of them). We are thrilled! Nathan is excited about this opportunity as well.
So what have I learned from this experience. The Lord does love me unconditionally. He isn't going to make everything that happens in my life great. Sickness, job loss, trials, all of those things are a part of our mortal experience. He knows what I was feeling, thinking, concerned about and He provided peace and comfort during those times. I think I naively thought that as long as I was doing all the "right" things then surely nothing bad would happen to us. But was this really bad? Honestly, no. I have a stronger relationship with my Savior and Heavenly Father now than before...could that have happened in a different way? Sure. But it happened this way and for that I am grateful. I have a stronger relationship with Nathan. We have been able to spend A LOT of time together and it has reminded me of why I fell in love with him 13 years ago. I appreciate what he does for me and for our family. I have learned to overlook some things that used to drive me crazy. In the grand scheme of things...it doesn't matter. I have learned that the most important thing to me is my family. I hope our kids have learned that too.
If I could change the course of events that led to our family having this experience...would I? No. We are stronger because of it.
* Now I have to figure out what to do with myself without the kids and Nathan around. He starts tomorrow. I think I will be lonely.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Congrats! That is the best news I have heard. I'm glad to hear that trial has ended for you guys. Best of Luck this year.

Tara said...

Jaime, you guys are amazing and I'm so happy we get to keep you! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you guys! That is AWESOME News!!

The Miranda's said...

Oh man! that's great!! I'm so happy for you guys and the things you've learned..what a blessing...we're so glad you guys get to stay!

Kae said...

i am so glad you get to stay! That is great news

Sara said...

HOORAY! I am just so dang happy for you guys. I am grateful for this blessing. You are an amazing girl, Jaime Page, and I'm glad you get to stay in Fishers so we can still see you once in a while. Congrats again!

Susan said...

Yipee! Congrats on the new opportunity--you guys are great!

Nikki said...

Congratulations!! I am very happy for you both.