Wednesday, August 12, 2009

First Day of School 2009

I HATE the first day of school. It makes me sad every year. Well, today was that dreaded day. The summer never seems long enough. We've had such a good summer. We've been able to spend lots of time together as a family laughing, riding bikes, driving in the car, swimming at the Monon Center, playing mafia, and the Wii. If it was up to me, and we could afford it, we would spend all of our time together playing. Now, I know that my kids need to learn and get an education but does school really have to start in the middle of August?


The kids were excited to pick out their outfits and put all of their new school supplies in their new backpacks but I don't think they were "excited " to go back to school. And I think that is okay with me. No one was crying or grouchy about the return to school. I'm pretty sure I would be even more sad if they could hardly wait to be gone for 7 hours a day 5 days a week. I'll take the indifference.

So here's to a new school year.
I hope it is a good one.
I will cherish the time I do get to have with my kids because it really flies by.

4 comments:

The Miranda's said...

My dreaded years to come just started today and I only teared a little..: )

Susan said...

Look at your cute kids! Mid August IS TOO SOON to start school! Best of luck in the new school year, Page Family!!

Puttin' Down Roots said...

I LOVE that you LOVE to have your kids home all the time. I agree it's too early! My sister's kids started monday the 10th & seminary started on the 1st day also. I think that's a little crazy, why can't they at least wait 1-2 weeks to get acclimated. Just my 2 cents!!

Lyndee said...

They look darling and Handsome:) Call me if you get bored.