Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas 2009



I have to admit that I had a hard time really getting into the Christmas spirit this year. But it did happen. Just a little later than I would have liked. Grandma and Grandpa Dayton drove over on Christmas Eve. We had a great time. We watched G Force and then acted out the nativity scene. Grandma and Grandpa were great angels, they even sang. Alexa was Joseph, Mackenzie was Mary, Dayton played two roles. Shepherd and part time narrator. Nathan was the donkey and I filled in as the back up narrator/book holder for Dayton. Our kids still get so excited it takes them forever to fall asleep. But alas, Santa did come. There was much excitement. Alexa and Mackenzie were up and into my parents at 4:30! After kicking my dad out of his bed they were sent into us and told to lay down until 7:30am...crazy kids. The kids have to wait on the stairs until we come down stairs to make sure Santa came, turn on the lights and let out Harley. We also get the camera ready to capture the great shots. According to our kids, the waiting on the stairs takes at least an hour (in reality only about 3 minutes).
It was a great laid back, relaxing Christmas. I think the favorite combined gift was Rock Band Beatles. It was awesome having grandma and grandpa here because grandpa is a huge Beatles fan. He owns most if not all of their albums and he knows every song. It was a blast. My kids were totally confused as to why I knew all of these songs that they have never heard. Apparently I have deprived my children of some cultural experiences. But it doesn't take long to have Beatles songs going through your head over and over again. Nathan went to bed Christmas night singing Yellow Submarine and Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. This Christmas was all about love for me. Love for my family, friends and most of all love for my Saviour. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

valerie said...

Looks like you had a love-ly Christmas. Hope you are doing okay.
Once the kids get into school we should have a catch-up phone call.
Love seeing your parents. I LOVE them too.
Miss everybody.
Love you,
Val