Monday, December 7, 2009

Fame


Mackenzie is in the 4th grade choir at her elementary school. Each year, her choir director, arranges a field trip for the choir students. They get to miss most of the school day, sing at an assisted living facility, sing at the mall downtown Indy and eat lunch at the food court. Mrs. Scherer also encourages the 4th graders to perform solos or group songs during the performance. Mackenzie and 2 of her friends, Rachel and Julia, sang "Tomorrow" from Annie. They did a great job and scored a photo in the Indianapolis Star (Fishers section). Mackenzie wishes she was smiling but let's face it, it's hard to
smile while singing any song, especially
"tomorrow, tomorrow, I'll love ya, tomorrow..."

4 comments:

The Miranda's said...

how cool is that! congrats and I'm sure she did an amazing job! and also, I don't know why my blog list doesn't update when you blog...i've missed reading so many of your entries. sad.

Lyndee said...

That is so awesome! She is so darling. I love that she wanted to be smiling in the picture. After I read that I tried to sing and smile. I could not do it. I know I am a dork.

valerie said...

LOVE IT! I'm taking her to Nashville. :)

Jen said...

Awesome! I guess she's taking after you. How fun is that! I love that she got such an awesome pic in the paper-she looks adorabe even when she's concentrating.