Thursday, July 15, 2010

Connor Prarie

Connor Prairie is a historical living museum that is about 10 minutes from our house. We have never been as a family though some of the kids have visited on school trips. We decided to visit after 4 years of living here and found ourselves not disappointed. The kids had fun doing new things as they experienced the past.

Mackenzie created her own quilt design and had a blast deciding on the colors and patterns she wanted to use. It was a really cool computer program. If only quilting was this easy in real life, I'd probably make lots of quilts.



Tomahawk throwing. This was the coolest thing ever. Here hold this tomahawk and lean back a little bit then chuck it towards the wooden target and if you are really skilled, it will stay in place. Lex and Dayton both tried as did the gentleman demonstrating and none of them got it to stick. The wood was really wet.

Apparently all I need to invest in is several pairs of stilts and I will be the greatest mom ever. The kids wanted to stay here forever. All of them got to where they could take several steps and I was able to walk backwards and in place. Apparently that is very hard to do.

The girls got to milk a cow and both thought that was gross. Dayton wanted nothing to do with it. It's kind of a rare opportunity. It also solidified the decision to never live on or own a farm.





After some time with friends and being silly with pictures our kids have been "posing" for different shots lately.

1 comment:

Caren said...

Jaime, I absolutely LOVE that your family is taking full advantage of the area around you. You are SO good at that and your children will love you for it!