

Jordan told us about a fun hike up Alpine canyon that included water. It was a little bit hot while when we were there so a hike including water was a definite. We walked for about 30 minutes and were all pretty hot and sweaty so the ICE COLD water felt good on our feet. The water that flows into the "pool" and then down the slide is from a glacier and is quite cold. Freezing to be exact. Some felt that the best system was to jump into the pool above the slide then go straight down the slide. I tried this technique and it did not cut the cold of the water. It looks like the person going down the slide is being bounced around like a rag doll but after landing in the cold water nobody remembers the bumps of the slide.
After the slide we went to the best shaved ice shack I have ever been to. Snoasis is a must if you are ever in Alpine, Utah. Ice cream on the bottom, shaved ice, your flavor of choice and then cream on top. YUMMM!!! Both of these are well worth ones time when in Utah.
1 comment:
Nice! I've never heard of this slide... it looks like we have another adventure. Sorry to have missed you guys when you were here. NO worries tho- so many people to visit! I'm glad you had a blast.
Post a Comment