Alexa was getting ready to go to school the other day and it was 5*outside. I asked her to put on her gloves and hat and she informed me that she had no idea where they were. AMAZING... I have been telling Alexa since she was old enough to walk that she needs to put her gloves and hat inside the sleeve of her coat so those articles of clothing wouldn't get lost. How is it that she has lost them? Needless to say I was slightly upset and expressed my frustrations to Alexa. Her consequences were that she was grounded from her new lil'kinz Murphy for 1 week and she had to wear my pink gloves and scarf to school that day and if she came home not wearing the new pink fashion statement she would lose Murphy for another week. OK.. maybe a little harsh but she's almost 10. Come on, is it really too much to ask for her to remember her hat and gloves? She got off the bus adorned in pink gloves and scarf but she had found her original gloves and hat and they were in her possession. I apologized to Alexa for my frustrations and explained the negative aspects of frostbite. I hope we don't repeat this experience soon....I highly doubt she ever wants to wear pink to school again.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this story! And I love that I read it on your BLOG!
You're quite on fire, by the way. Good work with all the blogging!
Post a Comment