
The kids had a half day of school on
Wednesday, so we ventured to the
Children's Museum with some friends.
They have a new Curious George exhibit.
Alexa decided it would be fun to have
her mouth open wide for all of the
photographs today.
We got to the museum a little earlier than
the rest of our friends so we wandered around
for a bit and heard some drums. A man from the
museum was demonstrating the sounds of
different types of drums and letting the kids
try out the different kinds of drums he had.
Mackenzie was uncharacteristically shy and
refused to play any drum but Alexa and Dayton
had a blast. They got to pick and animal and
imitate the sound they thought it would make.
Alexa chose a lizzard. Dayton chose a cheetah.
Our final exhibit of the day was Robots. The kids
had a chance to create their own robots and had to
decide what their robot would help them to do or what
purpose it would serve. I must admit, I have some
very creative kids. I love watching them use their
imaginations and figure things out.
Who could ask for anything more than glue,
buttons, paperclips, sticker eyes, brads, and
scissors?
Alexa made new friend at the museum
and they exchanged addresses. She
wants to become penpals.
I love those moments when I get to watch
my kids do something and they don't know
I am watching. I love watching them concentrate
on something and I can almost see the wheels
turning in their heads. That is one of my favorite
parts of the museum is that there are so many
things to get them thinking.
I love having my kids home from
school. I know it may seem crazy but
I pray for snow days and look forward to
days off and early releases. I just enjoy
having them around. I am sad when
the summer is over and they go back
to school. We have a lot of fun
together and I like having them
around.
This was a great day.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Drums, Robots, Monkeys???
Posted by
Jaime
at
9:48 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That was so much fun. That is so cool that Alexa made a new friend there. We will have to do that agian.
That totally cracks me up with Alexa and the open mouth. Nick does that ALL the time! Must be the age! :)
Post a Comment