Last night at 10:00 we got a phone call from Grandma Toone saying she may have news in a few hours that President Hinckley had passed away. As she was telling us this the show she had 
been watching was interrupted and the newsanchor comfirmed her news. President Hinckley had passed away at 7pm. I was initially shocked. It seemed to me he would live forever but then I was actually excited for him. I remember hearing of Marjorie's passing and how sad I was that this couple who adored each other had to be apart until President Hinckley completed his mission on earth. What a happy reunion must have taken place on the other side of the veil last night. What an incredible man. I remember being at a regional conference at the Conference Center with 3 small children by myself because Nathan was out of town and thinking to myself... I am crazy to be here alone with these kids but then I realized what a special experience it was to be in the presense of the prophet. I know with all of my heart that Gordon B. Hinckley was a prophet of God. I am grateful for the impact he had on my life and the example he set for me and my kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment